Ethics

 A ethical dilemma I have experience in life was in high school with my cousin. I'm not the kind of person that likes conflict or wants to cause a conflict between people. Coming from a small school what happens over the weekend catches up with a person quicker than someone would like. One weekend there was a party my cousin wasn't in town to attend, but her boyfriend was in town and was going to attend the party along with many others. The morning after the party everyone was talking about last night, it was very obvious of what had happened last night with my cousin's boyfriend and another girl.
Ethical standards that I used for the whole situation according to Velasquez et al making a decisions approach for sensitivity issues. This approach was used when approaching my cousin about the whole situation. Decision making was the big part because I knew that it wasn't my place to get involved in someone relationship and I didn't want to be the one that affected her happiness. Knowing that he had made a mistake in front of so many people that knew he was in a relationship and knowing that the whole night was going to be brought up again. Him and I did have communication after that night, he reached out to me asking me to not tell her about what happened that he was going to tell. Knowing how close me and her were this was the first time I didn't want to talk to her. 
In the decision making process I tried to make the situation of cheating not sound as awful, the questions that I ran across were options that would best address the situation, the knowing of the whole situation if I knew enough to make the decision and the outcome of it all. 
Crain Six Stages of Moral Development was used when making the decision of telling her about that night, having interpersonal relationship she was family I trust and love her, but I was concerned for her. Also, maintaining the social order in the decision making I knew her feelings about him and I need to inform her about him. 




Work Cited:
Writing and Reading Across the Curriculm, 2016 Thirteenth Edition. Laurence Behrens, Leonard J. Rosen.





Comments

  1. In all honesty I think you did what should have been done and told her. No woman should sit there and be cheated on. You did the right thing and told her about what happened. If you wouldn't have you know he would have done it again. Something my father always told me "if they cheat on you then they obviously don't love you like they say they do." No one want to see someone hurt like that especially if it's their family. She will get over the pain soon and she will find someone who won't cheat on her like that. Life Is difficult sometimes but it gets better in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rumor

Introduction